Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Seattle Adventures - Dahlia Lounge

I heard about Dahlia Lounge after watching an episode of "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."  After hearing Giada De Laurentiis rave about the crab cakes and the doughnuts, I was convinced to pay a visit.  So I decided that on my next trip to downtown Seattle,  I would visit Dahlia Lounge. The two dishes I had to try was the Crab Cakes, and the Made to Order Doughnuts.  Here is what I ate! Voila!

"A picture's worth a thousand words"
Lemon-scallion dungeness crab cake- grilled asparagus, crispy shoestrings, spicy avocado, bacon salt

Seared Alaskan - Halibut fingerling potatoes, sweet peas, walla walla onion soubise, roasted mitake, herbs. 

And of course...DESSERT!

Made to order doughnuts - seasonal jam and vanilla marscapone

Made to Order Doughnuts had a soft, airy chewy texture.  They tasted like sweet, delicious bite sized pieces of fried goodness.  They were accompanied with a side of  delicious creamy vanilla marscapone, and sweet and tangy strawberry flavored sauce.  


Here is how the  FueledByFoodBlog-er  eats doughnuts:  First you stuff the doughnuts with Seasonal Jam, then you top it off with delicious Vanilla Marscapone.

I enjoyed my meal, by the time I finished my meal, my plate was spotless and clean.  I absolutely loved their doughnuts.  It is possibly the best doughnuts I've ever ate! I would definitely return again to order some doughnuts.  

Dahlia Lounge on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Hey ...great blog

    I really like this blog its very interesting

    you can check out mine too and you can leave your comments there...

    http://mgmarketinggroup.blogspot.com/


    thank you...
    http://www.miamiglamour.com/campa/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this episode recently on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the donuts are the best thing I ever ate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...