Saturday, August 6, 2011

Butter Chicken + Briyani + Dal

I decided I wanted to eat butter chicken one night, so I bought some butter chicken sauce, dal, and briyani rice.  

The briyani rice is from Trader Joes, it's not bad, but it's not authentic.  It has ingrediants like peppers, potatoes, peas, and raisins.  It's looks pretty too.  It's not the best briyani, but it's good enough.  It came frozen too, so my expectations were not that high.  

The dal was from a package,  it tasted very salty, and did not have much flavor. 

The butter chicken was the best because I bought fresh chicken breast and cooked it in butter chicken sauce for over 2 hours.  The dish was flavorful, it smelled of delicious spices. The butter adds a mellow touch to the dish.   For an unhealthy alternative,  please use chicken drumsticks, or chicken thighs, dark meat! :)  

One day I will make my own butter chicken sauce.  I just need search for some spices and I'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...