One of the dishes we always seem to order is the manila clams, because "S" is just loves manila clams. I prefer mussels, and pretty much everything else on the menu. To be honest I tend to go a little overboard with the ordering, but that's just because we don't get that kind of deal here in Vancouver...
So here is what we shared!
Foie Gras with Pineapple - Vanilla Bean Conserva over Savory Pain Perdu
Helix Snails Garlic and Fresh Herbs
Manila Clams with Spanish Chorizo - "S" Favorite!
Mussels with Saffron and Mustard, Pomme Frites with Aioli - My favorites!
Other things I've tried
- Tombo Tuna Tartare with a Horseradish - Truffle Vinaigrette.
- Manila Clams Springtime with Fresh Herbs.
What I'd like to try
- Fried Spring Okra
- Classic Mussels a la Mariniere
- Rustic Duck and Pistachio Terrine (Charcuterie)
- Pomme Frites with Veal Pan Sauce (not sure what to expect)
Overall I highly recommend Toulouse Petit for happy hour. Everything I've tried has been delicious and relatively affordable. According to their menu, there's Seventy Happy Hour food preparation, and 50 of the items are less than $5. :) Deal!