Thursday, February 7, 2013

PARIS - Macaroons

So I travelled to Paris a while ago, and during my trip I decided to stuff myself with Macaroons.  My goal was to eat macaroons from different shops, and sample different flavors.  Here are a few pictures of what I ate. 

MacDonalds - So the macaroons were not all that great, but they were not all that bad either.  They were soft, and moist, but I found them a bit too sweet, which meant that it was extremely sweet because macaroons are already sweet to begin with.  (Mango and Pistachio flavor)

Ladurée -  The great thing about my trip was the fact that I stayed a block away from the Ladurée shop.  I even had breakfast there... Yummy!  Laduree was one of the more popular macaroon shops in Paris.  My favorite flavors were pistachio and salted caramel.    

 Pierre Herme -  I loved the colors of these macaroons.  I picked these up at Gallery Lafayette.  They were very delicious as well.  These Parisians really know how to make fine Macaroons!


Pâtisserie Sadaharu - I absolutely love this shop, I went to the one at the Gallery Lafayette food department.  They had all kinds of Green Tea flavored pastries.  Green Tea is one of my absolute favorite flavors of all time!! I would definitely pay a visit to Pâtisserie Sadaharu in a heart beat! (If I could)  - I tried wasabi, matcha and genmaicha.  

So my final thoughts on Macaroons... I enjoy eating them, but I can't eat too many at once.  I tried to stuff myself with Macaroons, if I did a count of how many Macaroons I ate from Paris, within the first three days I ate about twenty.  Afterwards I moved on to pastries... I love Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...